Hungary, is a unitary parliamentary republic in Central Europe, situated in the Carpathian Basin.
Hundreds of thousands of international students decide to study in Hungary every year for almost two decades now, with Hungary’s capital Budapest, famous for its high quality education system, fascinating history, and beautiful sight, being one of the most popular study abroad destinations worldwide. Hungary attracts foreign students from both EU and non-EU countries. Many universities in Hungary also progressively propose these degrees and more in English or other foreign languages such as German to appeal more international students considering to study abroad. Some of the more common home countries of foreign students in Hungary are Germany, Israel, Norway, Iran, Turkey, China, Brazil, France and Canada.
Dialing code: +36
Currency: Forint (HUF)
Population: 9,797,561(2013) World Bank
Official language: Hungarian
Below are the guidelines to know what to expect during the studies.
- Hungary offers affordable tuition fees and living costs in European Union and Schengen area;
- Number of Nobel Prize Winners and scientific inventors got their education;
- Easier admission procedure and less documents for getting acceptance;
- Hungary offers different type of scholarships for foreigners;
- The cost of student accommodation in Hungary is lower than most Western European Countries and Scandinavia.
- Lots of education programs are offered in English and German;
- Hungarian embassies issue education visas easier than other European Union and Schengen Member States;
- Residence permit issued in Hungary for foreign students allows them to travel to other Schengen countries without any visa;
- Number of low costs flights connect Hungarian cities to other countries and popular travel destinations;
- Employment opportunities in European Union during education years and after graduation, etc.
The Hungarian Academic Year
The Hungarian academic year runs with teaching from September to June with long holidays in July and August.